It’s almost summer vacation! People are eager to get out & begin to travel as the world starts to re-open after being couped up for so long! If you are planning on driving across our southern border into beautiful Mexico, Motz-Rusin Insurance Agency can make things easier for you BEFORE you cross the border.
Are going for the day along the scenic coast with its breathtaking views, a weekend RV trip, or going to Rosarito Beach for its scrumptious lobster?
Or, are you traveling across the border daily for prescriptions, dental care or for other medical purposes?
It doesn’t matter why you are driving across the border into Mexico, you will need Mexico Auto Insurance.
- We can cover autos, motorcycles, RVs, and ATVs or UTVs making the trip south of the border.
- Have you bought a new home/condo in Mexico, make sure you purchase a homeowners policy.
- Ask us about Travel MedEvac, it can not only provide medical evacuation, but can also provide international medical coverage and trip cancellation protection too!
- Mexican law requires that drivers from out of their country must be financially liable for any physical damage or bodily injury they might cause. Mexican authorities do NOT recognize American or Canadian issued auto insurance as valid, regardless that the American policy has “Mexican” coverage.
- If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident in Mexico, it is likely that you will be detained until the local authorities can determine who is at fault. Even if you are not at fault, under Mexican law, motorists are required to have Mexican Auto Insurance, or officials will want proof of financial responsibility and will expect you to post a bond to cover estimated costs before you will be released. You could end up without a way to recover damages unless you have purchased your own policy. Financial responsibility can be demonstrated either by possession of cash, approximately $5,000.00-$10,000.00, or by possession of #MexicanAutoInsurancethrough an authorized company.
- If you are at fault in an accident, you will likely be detained by the police until they have determined you can make payment to the other party.
- Prior to traveling to Mexico, travelers should make their own inquiries into Mexican law.
This article does not include all available information regarding traveling in Mexico.
Click here to buy your Mexico Auto Insurance: https://bit.ly/2JVYuhD
This article is for informational purposes only.