HOW CAN I SAVE MONEY ON MY INSURANCE?
This is a question we hear on a daily basis. Here are just a few ways to save money on your insurance.
Having multiple policies with the same company such as your homeowners insurance bundled with your auto insurance is one way to help save you money on your insurance.
- The cost of insurance depends on the deductibles, coverages, and policy limits you choose. Other factors are age, gender, your driving record, as well as the garaging place of the vehicles. Also, some insurance companies will give a discount if you work in a specific career, such as a real estate agent, teacher, police officer, firefighter etc.…
Increase Your Deductibles
- Even raising your deductible by a couple hundred dollars can lower your premium. A higher deductible usually means saving on your premiums. However, you may be paying a little more out of pocket when it comes to a covered claim.
- Some insurance carriers may offer discounts if you pay in full or by electronic funds transfer.
Improve Your Home Security
- Having a monitored fire and/or burglar alarm system that alerts security or emergency agencies during a fire or burglary can often get you a discount on your insurance, as well as having a fire sprinkler system in your home, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, water leak detectors, gas leak detectors and dead-bolt locks.
Do Not File a Small Claim
- You just had a small loss. Did you know when you file a claim or file too many claims, you will likely see an increase in your homeowners insurance policy premiums. Do not be tempted to file a claim with your insurance carrier even if it is something minor. Some repairs may be worth paying out of pocket without filing a claim. Your insurance agent can advise you whether it is worth it to file that claim or not.
Whether you live in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta, Rancho Mirage, Cathedral City, Bermuda Dunes, Indio or anywhere else in California as well as 11 other states, Motz-Rusin Insurance Agency can help you save money on your insurance!
Let Motz-Rusin Insurance Agency help you save money on your insurance. Call us at 760-564-3888 or go to www.MotzRusin.com
This article is for general informational purposes only and does not provide details of what you need to do to protect your assets.